Saturday, September 19, 2015



“We are torn between nostalgia for the familiar and an urge for the foreign and strange. As often as not, we are homesick most for the places we have never known.”

                                                                        ― Carson McCullers


Do you know when you repeatedly feel something, almost like an emotion of sorts, but you simply can't put your finger on what it is or where it came from? I do. That was no longer the case after I came across the quote, however. I often yearn for experiences and places I have never seen, and that is very representative in the art that I attempt to create--and now I recognize it! The subconscious has become conscious. With this new revelation, I hope to be able to more effectively create an increasingly tangible emotion in my images through this idea of homesickness and longing for new experiences.

2 comments:

  1. That quote was incredibly insightful and accurate. Sometimes all I want to do is have adventure, and sometimes I want to get back to my comfort zone. Why are we never content with where we are? No idea. But I guess that's what drives us forward

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this quote! I often want to go to new places and try new things, but part of me doesn't want to put what I have now in the past.

    ReplyDelete